Sunday, January 2, 2011

one little word

"A single word can be a powerful thing. It can be the ripple in the pond that changes everything. It can be sharp and biting or rich and soft and slow. From my own personal experience, it can be a catalyst for enriching your life. "
Ali Edwards

This year I have decided to chose a word of my own to help my keep focus during 2011. I had many words come to mind when I was thinking of what could be my "one little word".



  • simplify

  • care

  • focus (lol...this one would be hard for me)

  • surrender

  • juggle ;)


The word that I have choosen is "be". Be yourself, Be present, Be listening, Be generous, or as one of my great friends said...just Be!



Now I do have to say that I am quite proud of myself. It has taken me 32 years but I think that I am starting to figure me out! I know how committed I am to things, so I thought that picking a broad word like this will make it easy for my when I lose focus ;) We will see how it goes! In order for me to keep on track I am thinking (pretty much 100% sure) that I am going to sign up for Ali's workshop (which is really neat b/c if I have my act together I will have an album from the year focusing on my word)! For anyone else who is interested you can check it out ~ one little word.






I found a texture that has some examples other's have chosen for their "word". I used it on a photo that I took this summer while out cruisin' the back roads!

Wishing everyone health and happiness in 2011!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Tenille Lansford
CoffeeShop Designs